SHIRE OF IRWIN - A BRILLIANT BLEND
AUSTRALIA Day aT the Foreshore
Each year the Shire of Irwin holds Australia Day activities on the Port Denison Foreshore. It is a great day out for the whole family with free entertainment, water activities, and music.
Join us for a day of fun family entertainment on Friday January 26 at the Port Dension Foreshore from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
BBQ Breakfast | Lions Train | Bouncy Castle | Water Slide | Water Activites - SUP's, Paddleboats, Kids Kayaks | BBQ Lunch & Live Music from 11am - 3pm | Face painting | Fun for the Kids .....
Community Citizen of the year awards 9 to 10am
Australia Day Citizen of the Year Awards 2024Citizen of the Year Awards
Every community has local heroes. The 2024 Community Citizen of the Year awards gives you the opportunity to reflect on the positive impact of people and groups who are engaged and committed to our local community so that we can all celebrate their outstanding contribution.
The Shire of Irwin invites you to nominate an outstanding local hero or group for one of the Community Citizen of the Year Awards to be presented on Australia Day Thursday 26 January 2023. The awards foster, recognise and celebrate significant contributions to community life and active citizenship in all local government areas of Western Australia. The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
Nominations are open September 1st and close on October 31, 2023.
Selection criteria Eligibility criteria
The winners will have been judged to have shown active citizenship by:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life; and
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Judging process & presentations
- Nominees should reside or work principally within the Shire of Irwin.
- Awards may be granted posthumously in recognition of recent achievements.
- A person cannot receive the same award twice unless the nomination is for a contribution in a different field.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be nominated in future years.
- Sitting members of State, Federal and Local Government are not eligible.
- No self-nominations are permitted.
- Contact details for Nominator must be stated.
The judging panel will be made up of Shire of Irwin Elected Members. The judges’ decisions will be final.
Awards will be presented on 26 January 2024 at the Shire of Irwin's Australia Day celebrations on the Port Denison Foreshore.