SHIRE OF IRWIN - A BRILLIANT BLEND
AUSTRALIA Day at the Foreshore 2022
Join the Shire of Irwin between 8.30 and 4.00pm on the Port Denison Foreshore this Australia Day, Wednesday 26 January, for the perfect family day out full of free entertainment, water activities, and music.
Enjoy the Citizenship Awards Ceremony, Lions BBQ Breakfast and Kids Train,
Giant Bouncy Castle and Water Slide, Live Band, Kids Face-painting and Roving Entertainment, Water Activities - Sups, Paddleboats and Kids Kayaks on the Foreshore and a BBQ Lunch and Drink Service by DDHS Yr 6 Camp Fundraising Group.
Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy the live performance by MIXTAPE TRIO starting at 11.00am. We look forward to seeing you there!
Australia Day Citizen of the Year Awards 2022Citizen of the Year Awards
Every community has local heroes. The 2022 Community Citizen of the Year awards gives you the opportunity to reflect on the positive impact of people and groups who are engaged and committed to our local community so that we can all celebrate their outstanding contribution.
The Shire of Irwin invites you to nominate an outstanding local hero or group for one of the Community Citizen of the Year Awards to be presented on Australia Day Wednesday 26 January 2022. The awards foster, recognise and celebrate significant contributions to community life and active citizenship in all local government areas of Western Australia. The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
Nominations open Monday 11 October 2021 and close on Friday 26 November 2021.
Selection criteria Eligibility criteria
The winners will have been judged to have shown active citizenship by:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life; and
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Judging process & presentations
- Nominees should reside or work principally within the Shire of Irwin.
- Awards may be granted posthumously in recognition of recent achievements.
- A person cannot receive the same award twice unless the nomination is for a contribution in a different field.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be nominated in future years.
- Sitting members of State, Federal and Local Government are not eligible.
- No self-nominations are permitted.
- Contact details for Nominator must be stated.
The judging panel will be made up of Shire of Irwin Elected Members. The judges’ decisions will be final.
Awards will be presented on Wednesday 26 January 2022 at the Shire of Irwin's Australia Day celebrations on the Port Denison Foreshore.