SHIRE OF IRWIN - A BRILLIANT BLEND
Australia Day Citizen of the Year Awards 2021Citizen of the Year Awards
The Shire of Irwin invites you to nominate an outstanding local hero or group for one of the Community Citizen of the Year Awards to be presented on Australia Day Tuesday 26 January 2021. The awards foster, recognise and celebrate significant contributions to community life and active citizenship in all local government areas of Western Australia.
The recipients will be selected from people and groups who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year, or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years through active involvement.
Nominations open Monday 16 September 2020 and close on Monday 4 January 2021.
Selection criteria Eligibility criteria
The winners will have been judged to have shown active citizenship by:
- Significant contribution to the local community;
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life;
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life; and
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Judging process & presentations
- Nominees should reside or work principally within the Shire of Irwin.
- Awards may be granted posthumously in recognition of recent achievements.
- A person cannot receive the same award twice unless the nomination is for a contribution in a different field.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be nominated in future years.
- Sitting members of State, Federal and Local Government are not eligible.
- No self-nominations are permitted.
- Contact details for Nominator must be stated.
The judging panel will be made up of Shire of Irwin Elected Members. The judges’ decisions will be final.
Awards will be presented on Tuesday 26 January 2021 at the Shire of Irwin's Australia Day celebrations on the Port Denison Foreshore.