SHIRE OF IRWIN - A BRILLIANT BLEND
Under section 38 of the Emergency Management Act 2005, a local government is required to establish one or more Local Emergency Management Committees (LEMCs) for the local government’s district. However, local governments may unite for the purposes of emergency management and establish one or more LEMC for their combined districts. The LEMC is to be managed and chaired by the local government, with representation from organisations and agencies that play a key role in emergency management within their district.
The functions of a LEMC, in relation to its district or the area for which it is established, are:
- to advise and assist the local government in ensuring that Local Emergency Management Arrangements (LEMAs) are established for its district;
- to liaise with public authorities and other persons in the development, review and testing of the LEMA; and
- to carry out other emergency management activities as directed by the SEMC or prescribed by the regulations.
Shire of Irwin Local Emergency Management Committee Members appointed November 2019:
- Cr Michael (Mike) Smith
- Cr Grant Eva
- Cr Andrew Gillam
- Cr Hayley Wells
- Chief Executive Officer
- Community Emergency Services Manager
- Case Officer: Governance Emergency Services Manager
Shire of Irwin LEMC 2020/21 Agendas, Minutes & Attachments