The Shire of Irwin is able to cater for almost any lifestyle and, if you are looking for a relaxing environment with ocean access, then Dongara-Denison may be the place for you.
The Shire of Irwin is made up of the twin towns, Dongara and Port Denison - and boasts a large spectrum of activities, school facilities to Year 12, a host of sporting activities, along with community events throughout the year.
This section provides information on the Shire's participation in the community, community celebrations and links to useful and helpful information.
Our aim is for community and Council to work together to:
- Create a future where there is balance between making the most of the opportunities of economic development and growth, while retaining and enhancing the unique characteristics which make the Shire special – our people, lifestyle and natural environment;
- Achieve the range of community facilities, services and infrastructure which are necessary to deliver both quality lifestyles and new opportunities for employment and growth;
- Achieve recognition of the Shire's unique natural environment, lifestyle and rural and coastal opportunities as part of a well-planned strategy to enhance the prosperity of the region;
- Foster community leaders and the involvement of all community members in grasping the opportunities, meeting the challenges, maintaining the excitement and shaping the future;
- Continue to be a safe, caring and friendly community, where each individual is important;
- Recognise and enhance the special character of our town, while working together as one Shire.
For more information contact:
Manager Community Capacity: Nicole Nelson
Phone: (08) 9927 0000
Fax: (08) 9927 1453
Employment Vacancy - Projects Officer
Point Leander Drive - Verge Planting Project