Rec Centre Open Times
KidSport Grants Program
The Shire of Irwin is delighted to be involved in the Kidsport grants program in partnership with the
Department of Sport and Recreation. Kidsport makes it possible for all children within the Shire to participate in community sport and recreation. This program allows eligible youth aged 5 – 18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. For further information and application vouchers please contact Kylie Bessen at the Irwin Recreation Centre on 9955 9200.
Why sport and recreation clubs are important to you, your family and your community
• Active kids learn better.
• Kids who participate in sport and recreation are physically and mentally healthier.
• Clubs bring people and communities together.
• It’s fun!
• Clubs are a great place to meet lifelong friends.
• Some of the best conversations you will ever have with your kids will be in the car to and from training, to and from the game.
• Learn positive values.
• Kids who join clubs feel part of the community and develop a sense of pride in that community.
Am I Eligible
KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their finanical circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for finanical assistance towards club fees. The fees will go directly from the Shire of Irwin to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years;
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card OR be referred by a 'recognised' Referral Agent;
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local govenrment area they are applying to (exceptions may apply);
- If is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply).
How do I get involved?
- Step 1 - Complete the 'voucher' and submit it to the Shire of Irwin to be validated;
- Step 2 - The Shire of Irwin will return the voucher to you;
- Step 3 - Submit the voucher to the club when registering;
- Step 4 - The club will invoice the Shire of Iriwn for the cost of fees up to $200 per child.
KidSport Application Voucher
Free Sport and Recreation Club Memberships for your Kids! Click here for KidSport Application Voucher.
For More Information
Contact Kylie Bessen - Senior Recreation Officer 9955 9200 or visit the Department of Sport and Recreation website http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/