The Shire now has access to individual economic and community profiles for the Shire of Irwin through REMPLAN who develop economic modelling and planning system. Each link below features information and statistics on our local economy and the community:
In the 2011 Census, there were 3,647 persons usually resident in Irwin Shire; 49.4% were males and 50.6% were females.
Reasons For Growth
The Dongara/Port Denison area is currently experiencing rapid growth due to a number of factors including:
- Relocation and retirement to the coast by inland individuals and service industries due to a lifestyle and increasing business opportunities.
- Relatively inexpensive prices for housing, and the availability of an abundance of building blocks at extremely attractive prices.
- A broad range of community services, recreational facilities and transport infrastructure of high quality and convenience.
- Continue discovery and recovery of natural resources, being oil, gas and mineral sands.
- Just a great place in which to live - wonderful for a holiday - or visit for a stopover.
Shire of Irwin Council Statistics
|Council Statistic Data|
|Distance from Perth (kms)
|Area (sq kms)
|Length of Sealed Roads (kms)
|Length of Unsealed Roads (kms)
|Number of Electors
|Number of Dwellings
|Total Rates Levied
|Total Operating Revenue
Estimated Resident Population by Age Structure, 2011 Australian Bureau of Statistics. In the 2011 Census, the estimated population was 3,647 persons, 49.4% were males and 50.6% were females. The median age of persons in Irwin Shire was 45 years.
Shire of Irwin Population Statistics
|Age Group||No. of Persons|
|65 years and over
|Median age of persons
Story Time Mondays
Wildlife Control Program
MARKYT Scorecard Results